Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Film | The Breakfast Club


Production Year : 1985
Certificate (UK): 15
Running Time: 97mins
Directors: John Hughes
Cast : Emilio Esteves, Judd Nelson and Molly Ringwald, for more on this film click here.



Last night we watched the much heard of; The Breakfast Club. Now anybody that knows me, knows that I am useless when it comes to popular and classic films. I studied Film Studies back at school and quickly realised how little I actually knew about film or about the films that almost everybody else has either watched or knows of.

The Film Society is probably one of the easier choices that university life offers. Another thing that people who know me, also knows that I really struggle with sticking to things and let be honest if I can't stick to this, well that just super lazy and I need to get my act together.


Anyway.... The Breakfast Club (1985)


A group of teenagers, all from different stereotypes in school, brought together on a Saturday , for a day of detention. (Naturally we should all be able to picture the scene so far, I'm sure.) The group commit to there stereotypes, looking down at those not in their clique. 
They soon find out that they aren't all that different and that they have more in common than they'd ever thought. 

It was a simple idea, I personally do not think that the trailer for the film did it justice. I wasn't not particularly interested by my first look at the trailer, however, sticking to it and watching it from beginning to end changed my mind. I enjoyed the film, looking into the lives of the characters and it made me smile, thinking back to my time in school. I recommend the film, perhaps, if you are like me, maybe sit down and watch it, on like a rainy day and when you know you have the time to enjoy it. 

Sit back and relax, pop your popcorn and remiss. 




Lottie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment