Saturday, March 14, 2015

My 'Go To Makeup Look' for March



Pretty much all through February and so far into March I have found myself repeating the same face of make up day after day. Sounds like I'm stuck in a rut but I've been loving a light natural face for these fresh weekdays we have been having recently! 

I've found a good foundation in Maybelline FIT MEand of course stuck to it for a good length of time, this could be my third bottle? I do love it! For one it smells amazing, (It smells like Love Heart sweets to me) which might not be something everybody looks for in a foundation but this was a pleasant surprise for me when i first tried It!

MAC's paint pot in Painterly is just the staple piece for every look. For me its the perfect tone to match my skin colour, it makes a great base for eyeshadow and is super easy to apply! (I use it everyday!)

For eyeshadow it's self I've been loving MAC's Patina, a beautiful all over the eye colour for day time and easily buildable to transition to night time. To apply this gorgeous colour I've been using the Blank Canvas Cosmetics E26 fluffy brush. Amazing for a light dusting, blending and transferring from pan to lid without fallout.

MaxFactor MasterpieceMAX mascara, in comparison to the rest of the makeup listed is relatively new, although I've been using it since the last couple of months in 2014. It isn't my favourite brush but the formula is lovely, smooth and doesn't have a tendancy to fall down my face or wear away during the day.

I've always had problems with my lips, during the winter months they get very dry, sore and split a lot from the cold weather (horrible I know but I have to be honest). I brought this lip balm back in the summer of 2014, it is part of The Body Shop's Wild Argan Oil Solid Oil Lip Balm. During the summer this was a beaut, during autumn it again was amazing, during the winter... well, it didn't combat the dry weather attacking my lips entirely, but it helped them keep smooth and less... split a lot longer than I ever expected from any type of lip balm! I maybe had one or two days of bad dry lips. (However considering I used to have sore lips on a daily occurrence they thing gets top marks in my books!)

The last thing I started doing more regularly towards the end of February was wearing a lipstick (hold for gasps) Its never been something I felt comfortable in wearing, note back to the painful and horrible split lips of my teenage years. However with the help of the lip balm Ive enjoyed wearing Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle which i have been absolutely in love with since I brought it last summer.  

No comments :

Post a Comment