Sunday, July 26, 2015

Time to Reflect 01/52


1. Probably the biggest thing in my life this month! I was absolutely terrified about going back down to Nottingham and graduating. I was so scared of the amount of anxiety that I felt I'd have to face while there, not knowing how long the ceremony would be and whether I'd be able to leave the hall to catch my breath back and calm down. Our course was inevitably last to graduate on the list and that knowledge made me feel both sick but calm. Thankfully I was seated with friends and just them being there calmed me down beyond belief! I am so thankful for them, I hope they know how much they have done for me, they are some of the best people I have ever meet.


2. Like I've said above I am so grateful to have shared three years with these people! They made the experience of uni better than I ever could have imagined. Each one of them has such an amazing personality and I wouldn't want to returned if it wasn't for them!


3. Something I thank might have been over looked a lot in the past, when I was a lot younger. I love my parents and now that I have come home from uni, I am thankful I get to spend time with them in person, rather than a phone call or a Skype session. There isn't anything that can complete with a much needed hug from my mum or dad when I really need it.


4. I've been looking at my health and fitness for years now, struggling with making time and finding motivation. A couple of months ago I heard about FITBIT, I initial only saw the watch version and had been very interested in the little gadget. However as excited as I was about the watch it was nothing in comparison to my excitement when I learnt about the FITBIT ONE. A tiny little clip on version which you can attach to you bra, waistband or trouser pocket! I have now found the motivation I need and throughly recommend it!


5. This was a strange experience but whilst we were in Nottingham for my graduation we had to stay in a hotel for two nights. Having a hotel room to myself was bazaar but kind of nice. It did feel a bit lonely but it was the first time that all of us, as a family had gone somewhere together and stayed in a hotel since 2009!


6. Since leaving school and then moving 400 miles away from friends and family, it has been difficult to get to know people and start to try and make friends. It becomes a hard process to do after your forced together with people like in school, I've never been very good at the whole process either unfortunately. (maybe I'm too unsociable, maybe being an only child has a bigger influence on those kind of factors than I thought?) Regardless I am very thankful for the people at work, not only are they the nicest people I've meant whilst working, but they let me in with open arms and made the whole experience one to never forget.


7. Waking up at 6am to go to work and getting back at 7pm doesn't help with keeping everything tidy. At the end of the day I am too tired to even eat dinner. When my room is tidy and clutter free it is the best feeling in the world. Makes me feel like I have my life together (as weird as that sounds!).


8. Ok so yes I've been to Nottingham before, and yes it feels like a second home, but of course it wasn't until our very last trip down that we find a shopping business park just outside Nottingham which has everything we could want. I like finding new places and you just have to be brave enough to just go out a wonder around.


9. Mango and Passionfruit has to be my favourite drink of all time! Discovered at the beginning of my uni life but the help of a course mate, it brings back brilliant memories and is just the thing you need of a hot stuffy day!


10. Not five minutes crossing the boarder of Scotland and the services had a Starbuck!  So five points for Scotland there and about 1000 points to the Scottish air! You can not get much fresher!

Charlie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment