Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Twenty-Sixteen



Over the Christmas period I have had the time to think about the things about myself I want to change over this next year. You can change what ever you want at any point of the year, at the end of the day you are doing it for you. The new year is giving me the motivation to change several things that I have been sitting on over the last year. So here are four of my targets and resolutions for 2016. 

_______________________________________________________________________________
FIND MY OWN STYLE WITH MY PHOTOGRAPHS.

I love photography, I admit my favourites are landscapes and hues of colour. I feel that at the moment my images are lacklustre and I am without a style for my blog photographs. I see so many amazingly talented people with beautiful pictures and I feel that my images don't have the look I am after. There might be a lot of experiemently images coming up on the blog this year but fingers crossed I will finally find a style that suits me and my work.

_______________________________________________________________________________
BE MORE ORGANISED.

Theres nothing that feels as good as being organised. I love to write notes and check lists but unless you actually physically do something about it, organisation goes right out of the window.
If I spend a day doing nothing, at the end of the day I look back and feel like I've wasted it. I think if I write a list of things to do, whether it's day to day or week to week, If I have something written down I can find something on the list to do on a day that might otherwise be wasted. I really want to improve my blog and improve my content - and I believe organisation is the way to do this!

_______________________________________________________________________________
COME OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE.

My anxiety has taken a back seat since coming home, and I know why. My 'comfort blanket' as it were is my dad. He can make me feel right at ease and safe. I know this is a state of mind more than anything, but I don't want to be restricted to where I feel safe. I want to travel around and meet new people and go new places, but I can not enjoy myself even in a safe environment with people I know. I'm not sure how to over come this problem but through out the year I don't plan on it holding me back. I need to learn to put my trust in others, quicker and without worry. Its a mental thing but I am determined not to let it control me life so much this year! I know where the comfort zone is, and I want to explore whats around it instead of staying inside that little, controlled box.

_______________________________________________________________________________
WORK ON ME.

After finishing uni and moving home, finding a job which is now part time, I have decided to look at myself and think about all the things I want to change about myself. I have had a body image issue for several years, nothing to extreme but something I really do not want to keep. I really want to focus on my body image and weight. Whilst at uni my weight fluctuated, especially during the last few stressful months in my final year.  I'd spent almost three years not gaining or loosing weight, but the stress and timetables I set for myself really messed up my eating habits and resulted in weight gain. This year I am setting myself a target, whether I do it before the end of the year or not I am going to try and shred some excess weight. I understand its not the most important thing to focus on, but I know that for me, to finally feel confident in myself and my size, It will change so many things about me, even the way I try to hide myself. Confidence starts from inside yourself, do it for you!


I've made resolutions in the past, admittedly too many to handle, so I've decided on theses four plans, things that I've had on my mind over the Christmas period and even before. Do you have any new year resolutions? What are you planning on this year?

Happy New Year 
Charlie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment