Friday, August 2, 2013

Rimmel London | Wake Me Up Foundation Review

The Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation is a foundation that's right at the top or the foundation list right now. I've seen this in almost all of the beauty blogs that I follow. Everybody is raving about it! I brought this foundation from boots for £8.99 which isn't too bad. I think, for me right now in the summer I wont be wearing this foundation too much, however I feel that this will be perfect for the autumn/winter time when the summer sun is disappearing and I need that bit of extra coverage. It can be applied with your finger tips or with a brush and is very easy to apply and blend all over the face. 


Overall I think that it is a great foundation, good coverage which you can build up, depending on your own preference, an amazing smell that you don't expect and it gives you an amazing glow and dewy appearance, hence the 'Wake Me Up' bit. There are small shimmery bits in the foundation what makes you look bright and of course wide awake. I think that this a really good option of foundation for most skin types, oily skin might have a bit of trouble with this, however I feel that in natural light you'd be fine, it's just night time, artificial lighting that you need to be careful of.
The smell was a complete surprise to me when I first tried this. It smells a bit like soap, which I realise isn't perhaps want people want on their skin however I really like the smell? Am I the only one? Is that weird? The smell doesn't last as long as the foundation does, but it was a really nice surprise when I first applied it.

This isn't my choice for the summer when I need my foundation, but I will be trying this out more in the autumn so perhaps I will review it again when the weather changes. Hopes this helps anybody who reads this and is contemplating buying it.


Lottie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment