Friday, August 16, 2013

Film | Inception

Inception
Image from IMDB.com






Production Year : 2010

Certificate (UK): 12A
Running Time: 148mins
Directors: Christopher Nolan 
Cast : Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ken Watanabe, Leonardo DiCaprio, Marion Cotillard, Sir Michael Caine, Tom Hardy for more on this film click here.








With yesterday's rainy evening my family decided to sit down and watch Inception, and since its release on DVD I continue to ponder the idea that it leaves you with. 

If you have been living under a rock or just didn't want to watch Inception, well you are and were missing out! It is a great brain teaser, you either accept the challenge or you don't. Unfortunately somebody on my facebook revealed the plot to every bodies home page, and you can NOT unread what you have just read! So naturally my mind is now remembering what they declared to the world (well the people they know) and I am sat here waiting, watching out for it. Very annoying. But before I knew what I know now, I really enjoyed the film and the little game it has with it's audience. 

I think that the idea behind the plot, is a great one, I have never experienced a plot like this, or if I have seen a film with the same kind or similar plot, it obviously wasn't worth keeping in my memory.

I remember going to see this film in cinema, and the group of friends that I went with were all blown away by this film! I could not have imagined what was going to happen from the title (which I my opinion is great) and I can normally see how a film is going to end or what is going to happen next, but to be perfectly honest with you, I was so captivated by the idea, that nothing but the film was in my head at the time, just the film, I could not be disconnected from the big screen at all. Even when someone gets there phone out in the cinema, and you can see the bright glow of the screen, well normally I would be so distracted by that, that I'd miss a lot of the film! 

The only thing however, is to sit down and watch the movie at home, as a family, you kind of have to be in the right mood. The different levels in the film can be quite challenging to get your head around if your shattered and not really feeling it.


Altogether I've loved this movie, and because it isn't a film you want to watch over and over again continuously, you forget how the movie plays and it seems like you are watching it for the first time each time you press play. 



Image from IMDB at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1375666/ . It is not my own.




No comments :

Post a Comment