Wednesday, December 2, 2015

10 Things I Love about Winter

1. Scarves
I do love a scarf, in fact it is probably one the things that I an addicted to buying! The added warmth that they actually provide is much needed up here in Scotland, and the fact that I can wear them at work pleases me to no end! Get yourselves a good scarf this winter, I personally like Accessorize's pashmina style scarves, light weight, keeps in the heat and available in so many difference colours and patterns.

2. Hot Chocolate
I'm no a coffee fan, I like tea but only really at home, but I will always say yes to a hot chocolate. Costa is my favourite and the moments and it is an added bonus to have one in their christmas cups!

3. Fairy Lights
I had fairy lights up all year round whilst I was at uni, but here at home we only really have fairy lights up around Christmas time. What is not to love about those twinkly lights?

4. Endless amounts of Films on TV
We get the Radio Times each month now, but I only really go through them throughly around Christmas time. Highlighting all the things we want to watch this season! There is always hundreds of films on, its gets a bit tricky to pick which one to watch!

5. Shop lights spilling out the windows.
Even is you aren't doing the late night shop, the sun is setting really early at this time of year, so by 4pm the lights of the shops spill out onto the street, making every shop look inviting.

6. Star Gazing on a Cold Clear Night
Its a lot easier to star gaze during the winter. For one it gets darker earlier, so you don't have to wait as long. There is something about the moon and stars that I love and I can't wait for summer to finish so I can start seeing those tiny specs of light in the night sky.

7. Spending more time with family.
We are quite a small family and although we see each other everyday, Christmas gives us the time we need to relax and enjoy each others company, to not take anything for granted and to appreciate what we have.

8. Wood Burners
Unfortunatly we don't have a wood burner in this house, so I am deeply missing the smell and the feel that it gave the room. Theres nothing quite like the atmosphere of a flickering fire and a light hearted film around this time of year!

9. All the little Christmas ink-naks in the garden centres
Okay well this tends to begin around the end of August and by the end of September all the garden centres are full to the brim with Christmas dec's

10. Christmas Time and all the winter Photos 
As is this needs explaining , Tis the Season to be Jolly!



What do you love about winter? 
Charlie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment