Monday, July 1, 2013

Interests from an early age.

Ok so I am an only child, life was a little boring when I was a youngster. My dad had to work away weeks at a time so it was just me and my mom. (We do not have a big family at all, 10 people max, tiny to be honest). So when I began to gain interests of my own they would be something quite close to home. 

My parents got me  a Playstation II for Christmas one year and I have to say I enjoyed it a lot. More than a little girl should. (I should say we lived in an area of old people, nobody my age was anywhere near :( I'm not just a weirdo, I promise, there just wasn't anybody around!). 
I still have the playstation, just for films these days really but it's something that hold a lot of memories, like playing with my dad when he was home, especially racing games. (He wasn't about to play the Rugrats or Spyro (which was my favourite!))

So those racing games sparked an surprising interest in cars.... Not to mention TopGear, which my dad never missed an episode of! (As well and the F1 Grand Prix these last few years! Come on Diresta!)


(Strange interests so far I know but bare with me.) 

So another few interests of mine is art and Crafty DIY! Pinterest is a huge help for this! Love it! 
The only thing I have a problem is, getting things finished (anybody else have this problem, start something, something else takes priority and it's left behind :-( ?) So this summer, 2013, I have decided to start things, and get them finished! 

fabric covered cork board.

I found this on Pinterest a few weeks ago, I really like the idea, I'm thinking to make one for my room at university. This blog : http://www.annetheadventurer.com/2012/08/d-i-y-chevron-bulletin-board.html shows great pictures of how they made the pin board! I love the idea and I think it shouldn't be to difficult to recreate. Just that little bit of snazziness to add to a simplistic style room. I think it's a great thing to turn into an inspiration board, something unique and personal to you.

So this is a target for myself for the end of the summer. The idea; posting this might give me motivation I need, so here's hoping!


Lottie xo

2 comments :

  1. I know what you mean when you say you start projects and don't finish them! I have that habit too. I am now on mission ORGANISE!

    http://whatkimmididnext.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a good habit is it! I've always been like it, but time for a change I think :) Organisation is always good, that's the next step for me too!

      Delete