Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Sleek | Eye Palette Review





iDivine | Au Naturel

The colours in this palette like in most of Sleek iDivine eye shadows are super pigmented and works with a variety of skin tones. Au Naturel was my first palette... sticking safe was my thinking, and do you know what? I am so glad my friend has recommended this to me! I either hadn't noticed Sleek make up in my local Boots and Superdrug, probably because I only went into town on the weekend, which was for my weekend job. So I avoided most of the shops and zig zagged through town like a rugby team racing to the white line. 

Au Naturel is, in my opinion one of the best palettes to begin with. I love the colours, the availability of mixing the colours, knowing they work together. It is very pigmented and you do not need a lot to work. 
Unfortunately when I brought the palette, got it home and opened it, I found that the lid was broken, so naturally I was a bit gutted but I would definitely buy this again, I should just check the product is in one piece before. 




iDivine | Storm

This is my second favourite palette, the colours are absolutely gorgeous and I like to switch between Storm and Au Naturel. I think they work nicely together and with the right amount of time.... and skill.... you can create gorgeous looking make up day or night for any occasion!!

There are a few more colours in Storm than in Au Naturel that I don't care much for, but that is because I have weird green/blue/grey eyes (I am sure they change) so I don't use the glitter touched silver, green and blue that are on the top row in the picture below, but that's just me. I would recommend this, if not to buy, definitely go and have a nosy and decide for yourselves!




The Original 594
Out of the 12 colours in this palette, 11 of them are full of sparkle! Which is nice, do not get me wrong, but I don't know why I brought this one... I don't often were a lot of eye shadow, I kind of go through stages where I do and don't want to wear any. The 1 to complete the collection of 12 colours is a matt Black, which all of the Sleek palettes have. I think its nice idea to include one in each pack and I know where to go when I run out of black in the two iDivine palettes but for now, I'm afraid this palette is sitting and waiting to be used again. I do however use small amounts of the gorgeous pigments in this palette for a night time look, for a birthday meal, a night out and so on but it's not exactly an everyday choice. (I can not wait for an opportunity to wear the two pinky shades on the bottom row, they look so luxurious!)



Lottie xo

No comments :

Post a Comment